As a fiduciary, you are responsible for making investment decisions on behalf of a charity or its beneficiaries. The liability is placed on your shoulders to select and monitor plan assets with an appropriate level of risk based on the foundation or endowment documents. We can help you establish a clear written process to reduce risk and meet your objectives.
When serving on a charity board or as a trustee for the benefit of others, you are responsible for making good investment decisions based on the trust or endowment documents. Bragg Financial provides the following services to help you meet your obligations.
- Determine client goals, cash flow needs, risk tolerance and time horizon
- Establish an Investment Policy Statement
- Provide clear, concise quarterly performance reporting
- Provide online client portal for accessing interim reporting
We’ve assembled an experienced team of experts coupled with a clear investment philosophy and a disciplined, unemotional process.
- Made up of research analysts and portfolio managers with advanced degrees (MBA) and industry certifications (CFA)
- Committee members average over 20 years of industry experience
- Conducts research of individual securities and active fund managers
- Determines investment strategy and develops target portfolio allocations
- Monitors performance and risk and adjusts as needed
- Bragg Financial Advisors uses a disciplined investment approach based on Modern Portfolio theory and other proven academic research. The resulting investment portfolio has the greatest likelihood of providing for your family with an appropriate level of risk.
- We remove emotion from the investment decision process, replacing it with diligence, discipline and patience
- Our philosophy emphasizes diversification, long-term holding periods, fundamental analysis and risk-adjusted returns
- Written Investment Policy Statement custom-designed for each client
- Portfolio typically invested in individual securities, indexed and actively managed mutual funds and Exchange-Traded Funds (ETF)
- Accounts are custodied at Pershing or Schwab
- Tax optimization approach locates assets in pre-tax or after-tax accounts in order to minimize taxes
- Portfolio customized to accommodate a client’s long-term over-weights in certain stocks or low-cost basis holdings
- Ongoing portfolio management rebalances to target allocation and strives for tax efficiency and loss harvesting
- Provides clear, comprehensive quarterly performance reporting for portfolio, asset class and underlying managers
- Provides client portal for 24/7 access to performance reporting
- Reporting includes assets held away in 401(k) plans and other accounts
Bragg Financial Advisors has served the corporate plan retirement community since 1964. Our clients include medical groups, manufacturing companies, attorneys and engineers, all of whom share the same objective of sponsoring a successful retirement plan for their employees.
At Bragg Financial Advisors, we work closely with you to design, implement and maintain your qualified plan. We offer custom-designed solutions at both the Plan Level and Participant Level that satisfy the fiduciary requirements as set forth by ERISA legislation.
- Consult with you regarding plan design and funding alternatives
- Conduct an RFP search for appropriate Plan Service Providers
- Prepare the Investment Policy Statement
- Select appropriate investment managers
- Provide ongoing monitoring of all managers, performance, risk and expenses
- Annually conduct a full due diligence review of all investment options
- Fully document all plan procedures, processes and decision-making
- Serve as a 3(21) or 3(38) Fiduciary Advisor to the plan with regard to investment manager selection and monitoring
- Prepare signature-ready documents
- Group investment education meetings
- Individual consultations as needed
- Pre-retirement counseling
Bragg Financial Advisors launched the Queens Road Funds in 2002. The Funds are managed utilizing a fundamental, bottom-up approach to construct a diversified portfolio. Our research process is built on the principles established by Benjamin Graham to identify companies that are trading at a discount to intrinsic value.
In 2020, Bragg Financial Advisors entered into a strategic partnership with First Pacific Advisors, LP (FPA), resulting in the FPA Queens Road Small Cap Value fund and the FPA Queens Road Value fund. Bragg Financial now serves as sub-advisor to the Funds and continues to manage the Funds’ portfolios. In their new role as advisor to the Funds, FPA provides administration, marketing, and distribution services. Bragg’s Steve Scruggs, CFA, has served as portfolio manager for the Funds since their inception in 2002 and continues in that role under the new partnership.
To learn more about our philosophy, process, risks and performance and to download a prospectus, please visit the FPA website at www.fpa.com
The FPA Queens Road Funds are distributed by UMB Distribution Services, LLC. Queens Road Securities, LLC, an affiliate of Bragg Financial Advisors, Inc., served as the distributor of the Funds from inception through August 2020.