Ben Rose is a portfolio manager for Bragg Financial Advisors and serves as an active member of the Investment Committee. Ben also serves as an analyst for the Queens Road Value fund, which is managed by Bragg Financial.
Before joining Bragg Financial, Ben was a founding partner of Cygnus Asset Management, an affiliate of the Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network. At Cygnus, Ben chaired the Investment Committee and was lead portfolio manager. Prior to Cygnus, he spent eight years with Morgan Keegan as First Vice President. His areas of specialty included investment selection and research on mutual funds. Ben was a research analyst from 1998 to 2001 with IJL Wachovia, where his responsibilities included due diligence of institutional money managers that comprised the firm's recommended list. He started in the securities business and became a Registered Representative in 1995 with Smith Barney.
Ben grew up in eastern North Carolina in the small town of Henderson. He met the Bragg boys while attending Wake Forest University in the 1990s. Ben is an avid sports fan who enjoys being outside with his two dogs, playing golf, and traveling to live music festivals and concerts. He has lived in Charlotte since 1995. Ben served as a tutor for three years with the ReadWriteServe Partnership for Literacy Action, an initiative between United Way and community-based resources. He currently serves as a tutor to elementary school students with Heart Math Tutoring.
Ben Rose is a Registered Representative with Queens Road Securities, LLC Member FINRA/SIPC.
- Portfolio Manager
- Member of Investment Committee
- Analyst – Queens Road Value fund
Education & Professional Experience
- BS in Business, Wake Forest University
- CFA- Chartered Financial Analyst
- CFP® – Certified Financial Planner
- AIF® – Accredited Investment Fiduciary
- 28 years industry experience
- 8 years on Bragg team
- Cygnus Asset Management- Investment Committee Chair, Co-Founder
- Morgan Keegan – First Vice President
- IJL Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) – Research Analyst
- Smith Barney – Registered Representative
- Running and hiking
- Trying out new Charlotte restaurants (which makes running a necessity)
- Attending music festivals and concerts