Matt is a portfolio manager and a member of the Investment Committee at Bragg Financial Advisors. Matt serves as an analyst for the FPA Queens Road Small Cap Value Fund, which is managed by Bragg Financial.
Prior to joining the Bragg team, Matt led the investment team at a large independent wealth management firm in Charlotte. He was responsible for investment research, asset allocation, and selection of client investments. Prior to that, Matt worked with an online brokerage firm, advising high-net-worth clients on complex option trades.
Matt is married to Sara and has two children. Matt was born in Iowa but spent his childhood growing up in Charlotte, where his parents still live. Matt spends most of his free time with his children and cheering on his Tar Heels. He is an active member of St. Matthew Catholic Church and is involved with Camp LUCK (supporting children affected by heart disease).
- Portfolio Manager
- Member of Investment Committee
- Analyst – FPA Queens Road Small Cap Value Fund
Education & Professional Experience
- BS Business Administration, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- BA Political Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- CFA – Chartered Financial Analyst
- 20 years industry experience
- 8 years on Bragg team
- Linden Thomas – Portfolio Manager
- TradeKing – Trade Desk Support
- Cheering on my Tar Heels
- Coaching youth basketball
- Exploring the world with my family
- Getting outdoors as much as possible