John serves as a Client Advisor and directs the corporate plans division at Bragg Financial. He assists employers in designing and implementing qualified retirement plans and facilitates the selection and monitoring of investment managers.
Prior to joining Bragg Financial in 1990, John worked for two years as an investment advisor with the Hinrichs Financial Group in Charlotte.
John is married to Catherine and they have four children, with two of them following a family tradition by attending Wake Forest University. They live on a small family farm near Davidson, North Carolina. John enjoys the outdoors and spent seven years as the Scoutmaster of Troop 58 in Davidson. He now serves as a Crew Advisor for Venture Crew 58, the high school, co-ed high adventure scouting program.
The Scouting program has taken him on many high-adventure trips, including a 10-day backpacking trip to Philmont Scout Reservation in the Rockies, floating and camping along the Colorado River through Canyonlands National Park in Utah, sailing in the Abacos in the Bahamas, ice climbing in the Adirondacks in New York, snowshoeing and cross country skiing in Vermont, snowmobiling and ice fishing in Michigan's upper peninsula, as well as many other camping, backpacking and rafting trips in North Carolina. John has also taken his family on three cross country trips in their RV.
- Client Advisor
- Director of Corporate Plans
Education & Professional Experience
- BA Wake Forest University
- CFP® – Certified Financial Planner
- 32 years industry experience
- 29 years on Bragg team
- Hinrichs Financial Group – Registered Representative
- Backpacking, camping, hiking, paddling, climbing…anything outdoors with my family or our Scout Venture Crew.
- Mowing, planting, feeding livestock, fencing, and more on our family farm
- Building crude wood working projects, preferably those involving 2x4’s when I can use my nail gun
- Eagle Scout, Troop 116 in Charlotte
- Boy Scouts of America: John is the former Scoutmaster of Troop 58 in Davidson, and current Crew Advisor for Davidson Venture Crew 58
- Davidson College Presbyterian Church: John is an active Elder and currently serves on the Faith & Families committee. He is former chair of the Membership Committee, and former member of the Personnel Committee, the Planning Committee, the Associate Pastor Search Committee and the Campus Committee.
- Davidson Community Players: Former Chair of Finance Committee 2004-2007
- Wake Forest University: Former Member of Wake Forest Alumni Council
- MMAE's Inn Hospitality House of Charlotte: Former Board Member
- Right Moves for Youth: Served as a volunteer and ran the RMFY club at Selwyn Elementary School
- Kids Repay: Served as a tutor for at-risk children at the Johnston YMCA