In his role as a Client Advisor for Bragg Financial Advisors, George provides retirement planning, estate planning, investment management and general financial planning services to clients.
George worked for Wachovia Bank (now Wells Fargo) for four years after college, where he served as Branch Manager of the bank's Myers Park office in Charlotte. Most recently, George spent over ten years as a Client Advisor and Senior Vice President in Private Wealth Management for SunTrust Bank.
George is married and has two daughters, both full-fledged teenagers. George is a native Charlottean and is active in the community. George graduated from Myers Park High School and currently sits on the board of the MPHS Foundation, recently serving as President. George's father, Bill Climer, served as the director of Camp Thunderbird for many years. George has fond memories of his summers spent living at Camp Thunderbird on Lake Wylie and currently serves on its board. George and his family attend First Presbyterian Church.
- Client Advisor
Education & Professional Experience
- BA English, Minor Business, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MBA, Wake Forest University
- CFP® – Certified Financial Planner
- 26 years industry experience
- 9 years on Bragg team
- SunTrust Bank – SVP, Private Wealth Management
- Most anything outdoors
- Daughters’ sports
- Paddle boarding on Lake Wylie
- Financial Planning Association: Member
- Myers Park High School Foundation: Board Member 2015-present; President 2019-2021; Treasurer 2016-2018
- YMCA Camp Thunderbird: Board Member 2014-present; Board Development Committee Chair 2019-present
- First Presbyterian Church: Member: Deacon 2017-2020; Investment Committee 2017 to present
- Selwyn Elementary School: Learning Buddy 2012-2016
- MHA of Central Carolinas: Board Member 2003-2009; Board Chair 2007-2008