President & CEO
Benton serves as President and CEO of Bragg Financial Advisors. He also serves as chairman of the Investment Committee at Bragg. Benton worked in the consumer bank of Bank of America for three years before joining Bragg Financial Advisors in 1993. Benton was promoted to President and CEO at Bragg in 1998.
Benton graduated cum laude with a BA from Wake Forest University in 1990 and he earned his MBA from Wake Forest University in 1997. He earned the Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) certification in 1995 and earned the right to use the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®) designation in 2000.
Benton and his family live on a small farm in Huntersville, North Carolina. Benton enjoys reading, traveling, being outdoors and spending time with his family. He enjoys all types of outdoor manual labor projects, particularly cutting wood with his father and chores he can do while driving his John Deere tractor.
Scouting had a big influence on Benton as he grew up and earned his Eagle Scout rank at Troop 116 in Charlotte. Both of his sons and four nephews earned their Eagle Scout rank with Troop 58 in Davidson. Benton served as President of the Mecklenburg County Scout Council and has served in a variety of other leadership roles on the board for over 12 years. He was awarded the Silver Beaver award from the Boy Scouts of America in recognition of his dedication and service to the scouting program.
Benton S. Bragg is a Registered Principal with Queens Road Securities, LLC Member FINRA/SIPC.
- President & CEO – Bragg Financial Advisors
- Chairman of Investment Committee
- Client Advisor
- Analyst, Queens Road Funds
Education & Professional Experience
- BA History, Minor English – Wake Forest University
- MBA – Wake Forest University
- CFA – Chartered Financial Analyst
- CFP® – Certified Financial Planner
- 30 years industry experience
- 27 years on Bragg team
- NationsBank (now Bank of America) – Consumer Bank Manager
- Reading, fishing, spending time at the coast and mountains
- Traveling with my family
- All outdoor activities on the farm with my children
- CFA Institute Member
- Member of NC Society of Financial Analysts
- CPCC: Central Piedmont Community College Board of Trustees 2012-present; Vice Chairman 2018 – present; Finance Committee Chair 2014-2018; CPCC Foundation Board Member 2009-2012; President's Advisory Council 2005-2008
- Boy Scouts of America, Mecklenburg County Council: Board Member 2007-2019; Former Board President 2011-2013; Member of Endowment Committee 2008-present; Former Member of Executive Committee; Former VP of Administration 2007; Former VP of Finance 2008-2009
- YMCA Dowd Branch: Member of Investment Committee
- Cannon School: Board of Trustees, 2017-present. Finance Committee 2017- present
- Davidson College Presbyterian Church: member; Finance Committee 2017-Present; Member of Personnel Committee 2008-2012
- Philips Academy: Former Board Member 2006-2013; Former Board Chair 2006-2010; Former Finance Committee member
- The Pines at Davidson: Former Board Member 2010-2012; Former member of Property Committee and Long Range Planning Committee
- Member of Rotary Club of Charlotte 2001-present; Former Board Member, Program Committee 2015, 2018
- Wake Forest University MBA School: Class Agent, annual alumni fundraiser, 2006-2013
- Wake Forest University MBA School: Former Guest Lecturer, "Portfolio Management in the Real World"
- Bioethics Resource Group (BRG): Former board member, Finance Committee
Awards & Recognition
- Eagle Scout, Troop 116, Charlotte NC
- Silver Beaver Award- Distinguished Service Award, Boy Scouts of America. Awarded by Mecklenburg County Council - BSA
- Named one of Jaycees Ten Outstanding Young Charlotteans of 2005
- In 2005 and 2008, Benton was named one of the nation's Top 100 Wealth Advisors by Worth Magazine