Director of Planning,
Mary Lou is the Director of Planning and a Client Advisor for Bragg Financial Advisors. She provides retirement, estate, investment, tax and financial planning services to clients.
Prior to joining Bragg Financial in the spring of 2011, Mary Lou worked as a CPA, providing tax services to a wide variety of clients, including other single CPA practitioners in the Charlotte area. Mary Lou has more than 30 years of tax experience.
Mary Lou received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Davidson College in 1988, majoring in Economics. While working at Price Waterhouse, she attended night school at the University of Hartford and received her Master's Degree in Professional Accounting with a concentration in Tax. She earned her CPA designation in NC in 1989 and is a member of the North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants and the AICPA.
Originally from Huntington, West Virginia, Mary Lou is married and has two boys. Her oldest, Michael, graduated magna cum laude from Wake Forest and went on to earn his Masters in Behavioral and Decision Sciences from University of Pennsylvania. Tyler, her youngest, is a psychology major at University of Richmond. Mary Lou was Davidson-bound from birth. Her father, uncle, and brother all graduated from Davidson College. Mary Lou was a cheerleader while at Davidson and has season tickets to Davidson basketball, which allows her to continue to cheer for her Wildcats.
Mary Lou is a PK (Preacher's Kid) and grew up with a father who served 15+ years as a Presbyterian minister. She is actively involved at Covenant Presbyterian Church, where she founded and currently leads a speaker series for the church’s Women's Breakfast Ministry. Her passion outside of the office is to provide financial education to individuals in need. Following in the footsteps of her mother, who was a teacher, Mary Lou makes financial literacy presentations to primarily high school students and at-risk parents. Much to the chagrin of her children, they are frequently used as examples of what not to do. Some of the groups she works with are Right Moves for Youth, The Learning Collaborative, Myers Park High School, Junior Achievement, the YBM/YBW Leadership Alliance, Dress for Success and CMS.
In her free time as an empty-nester, Mary Lou enjoys reading, yoga, cycling, hiking, paddle boarding and learning more about lifestyle impacts on Alzheimer’s. She and her husband, Michael, are also the hosts of the annual Bragg Poker Party.
Mary Lou Daly is a Registered Representative with Queens Road Securities, LLC Member FINRA/SIPC.
- Director of Planning
- Client Advisor
- Tax Specialist
Education & Professional Experience
- BA Economics, Davidson College
- MSPA Accounting, University of Hartford
- CPA – Certified Public Accountant
- CFP® – Certified Financial Planner
- 32 years industry experience
- 9 years on Bragg team
- Price Waterhouse – Tax Department
- CPA Practioner
- Attending games and cheering on my Davidson Wildcats
- Paddle boarding
- My Granddog Leo
- Money Smart Week: Board Member
- Financial Planning Association, Charlotte Chapter: Pro-Bono Director
- Levine Cancer Institute- “Financial Toxicity” Research
- Common Wealth Charlotte: Board Member
- Charlotte Neuroscience Foundation: Board Member
- North Carolina Association of CPAs: Member
- AICPA: Member
- Covenant Presbyterian Church: Elder, Leader of the Women's Breakfast, Past Education Chair, former member of Personnel Committee, former member of Associate Pastor Search Committee
- Church In Vocation: Member
- Women's Impact Fund: Member
- The Learning Collaborative, a non-profit NAEYC accredited preschool for at-risk children: Past board member and Treasurer